1. Do you need originals at the time of application for export?
When you submit the application to our office, it is NOT necessary to send us the originals. A copy of all three of the required documents is sufficient to start the process.
2. What if I don’t have the original title?
You will have to get one.
3. Do I need to have the title issued in my name?
No. It is unnecessary for you to have title issued in your name. All that is required is to have the original title and a legal transfer of ownership (bill-of-sale). If you have the vehicle title transferred into your name, you will only delay the process.
4. What if the state I am purchasing the vehicle in has a paperless title issued?
You will have to wait until you receive the paper title. We are not able to communicate with the states that have paperless titles.
5. What if I purchased a vehicle that has an electronic / paperless title? We will not be able to start the export process until you have received the paper title.
6. Can I have the sell FAX you a copy of the title and I’ll FAX the worksheet?
No, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to receive partial applications and match them up with each other. Please only submit complete applications to our office.
7. What happens if I have already taken my car to Canada and need to export it?
You will have to bring the vehicle back to the United States and submit the application to export. The vehicle must then stay inside the United States until the 72-business hours have elapsed and your vehicle has been cleared for export.
8. What if I cannot get to your office during your normal business hours?
While we cannot tell you what to do, we would suggest that you either have someone you trust export the vehicle during our normal business hours or you can pay a company to export it.
9. Is there any way to expedite the 72-hour process?
No. Our Federal Law mandates this timeframe.
10. Can I take my vehicle to Canada during the export process?
11. Do I still have to wait for 72-business hours if I have an MSO?